Let's start with a few questions.
- What do you want to see in the writing your receive from the writers in your classes? Take a few minutes and write about what you really want to see.
- What are some of the challenges in getting writers able to write the kinds of writing you want to see? Take a few more minutes and write about that.
With the first two questions as context, consider this:
- What is plagiarism and why do you sometimes see it in the writing received from the writers in your classrooms?
Ethics and writing and learning questions
- What does it mean to be ethical?
- What happens when one is writing about things one is also learning?
Writing assignment design, a few more questions.
- What are some of the purposes of assigning writing?
- What is a writing assignment? What are its parts?
- What happens when you search for an assignment you use on the Web?
- How do you think about citation when you write?
- How do you talk about citation when you teach?
- What do students need to know about citation?
Handbook Content That Can Help -- A Writer's Reference
Section A: Academic Writing
Section D: Writing in the Disciplines
CSU Fresno's Customized Section
--in APA papers, 448 -51
-- in CMS, 502-4
-- drafting, C: 19
-- integrating sources, 364-5
-- Internet sources C: 54, 361, 363 -65
-- MLA, 376-79
--note taking, R: 359-65
-- reviewer comments, C: 27
-- working bibliography, R: 358-59, 60